Updated: Jan 24, 2020
Red or white, sweet or dry--wine lovers come one, come all. I'm here to give you the inside scoop on all things "Wine Walk" to make your shopping (and drinking) experience as great as possible for the upcoming event. You may want to take a few notes to ensure you make the most of what Newberry has to offer.
First of all, here's how it works:
Buy tickets at the Eventbrite page on Facebook or stop in at the Newberry Opera House to buy tickets and receive your passport. From there, you'll have the opportunity to try different wines at each stop on the downtown tour. Don't worry, you'll have plenty of time to shop and snag some great holiday gifts along the way.
Now that you know the gist of how things go, you'll need some pointers on how to master the Wine Walk.
Here are some simple tips:
1. Wear comfortable shoes. You'll walk a good bit, and no one wants blisters. If your feet do start to hurt, however, hit one of the great boutiques downtown to find the cutest, comfiest pair of shoes for you. Make sure to get a pair for someone you love as a holiday gift, too. Check out Lucy's, Out On A Whim, Making It Personal, and the several other spots along the walk.
Lucy's Main St. : https://www.facebook.com/LucysNewberry/
2. Make sure to eat. No worries, snacks will be provided along the way at each wine stop, but you can stop for specialty snacks, too. A few options are Genesis Hub, Figaro Market, The Corner Scoop, or Half Full Coffee and Wine Bar. If that's not your thing, then enjoy one of our many local restaurants. For fine dining, make reservations at the Cabana or Figaro. To have a more casual dining experience, try Grille on Main or Steelhorse Smokehouse.
3. Have a game plan. Go online and check your favorite stores' facebook pages and websites. See which shops' products you're most interested in and hit them first! Make a list of what holiday shopping you need to get done, and check it off as you go along.
4. Bring Friends. Who doesn't love a glass of wine and shopping? Don't forget to invite all your friends to join in on the fun! Gather a group to make the experience twice as great. Bring your significant other, too, because couple's tickets are a steal!
5. Stick Around. There will be live music playing in Memorial Park for the Groove N' Brew fall music series. The band will be playing from 5-8 PM, so make sure you listen out while you shop and stop by afterward to enjoy the free entertainment!
Here are the Details:
The Downtown Wine Walk is November 16th from 3-7 PM. It serves as a fundraiser for the Newberry Downtown Development Association in conjunction with local businesses. Tickets are $20 per person or $35 per couple. To take home a commemorative wine glass, tickets are $25 per person or $45 per couple. You can purchase tickets using the facebook link attached to the picture below!
We hope to see everyone there! Happy shopping, everyone, and cheers to the holidays!
Written by Katharine Chappell